If you are Human Resources Coordinator with experience, please read on. We are currently seeking a HR Coordinator who completes administrative duties for the Human Resources Department of an organization. This role acts as a Liaison between employees, management, and the Company. They assist the Human Resources Department with recruitment, Onboarding, maintaining employee records, help with various payroll process, assist with benefit related projects, and provide administrivia support to all employees as needed. Job duties include but are not limited to record keeping, file maintenance, working with Winteam for data entry, data tracking, and updating personal information.
Responsibilities and Duties of Human Resources Coordinator
- Assist with all internal and external HR Related inquires or requests.
- Maintain both hard and digital copies of employees’ records. File documents into appropriate Personnel and Confidential employee files, including uploading documents into Document Locator.
- Audit Form I-9 verify and documentation.
- Mange all production laves of absences, LOA, IE Medical, personal and workers compensation leaves. Update database and communicate the LOA status with management
- Complete the Interactive Process (IP) and needed.
- Assist with relevant employee information, i.e. holiday and sick time
- Investigate and present disciplinary write ups for file.
- Assist with the entire termination process of production employees, i.e. gather facts and data to support he separation of employment, review personnel files, and execute the actual separation for employment. Manage the storage and retention of terminated employee files.
- Prepare or assist HR with correspondence as requested.
- Update all Production Employees information in Winteam i.e. addresses, tax changes, personal contact information compliance and equipment tracker.
- Conduct audits of payroll reports and new hire reports. Generate monthly reports on HR compliance and metrics i.e. paycheck warning reports, paycheck warning reports.
- Uniform requests issue new uniforms to all new hire and current employees. Maintain uniform inventory and closet organized. Assist with coordinating alterations and dry cleaning for all new hires and current employees. Assign daily HR and production related tasks to Field Supervisor in writing or via email.
- Create new NOTICE TO EMPLOYEE Labor code section 2810.5 forms as pay changes occur, and send to the employee.
- Support hiring manager with interviews and drug tests as needed.
- Greet and welcome visitors.
- Perform customer service functions by answering employee requests, questions and direct calls that are received through main phone line.
- Keep up to date with latest HR trends and best practices.
- Perform other related duties assigned by other managers.
The human resources coordinator will report to the Human Resources Manager and will work directly with the Hiring Manager, Operations Manager & Office Manager.
Skills and qualifications of Human Resources Coordinator
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Working understanding of human resource principles, practices and procedures
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to function well in a high paced and at time stressful environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Minimum of 6 months experience in Human Resources
- 2 or more years in an office setting as an administrator and or customer service role
- Bachelor’s degree in business and or human resources
Physical Requirements of Human Resources Coordinator
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on computer
- Must be able to lift up to 15lbs
Company Benefits and Compensation
- Generous Base 60K + (Higher Depending On Experience)
- Full Benefits
- Schedule: Monday – Friday
- Hours: 8AM - 5PM
- Anthem Blue Cross/Blue Shield Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 80 hours annually of paid vacation each year for the first four (4) years of employment + 1 floater holiday
- After ten (10) years: 120 hours, 3 weeks
- Anthem Blue Cross Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage (30 hours or more per week to be eligible by law)
- 401(K) plan that includes a Company match. (Please refer to enrollment packet)
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- 6 Days or 48 hours of sick time