If you are Accounting Manager with experience, please read on. We are currently seeking an Accounting Manager for one of the leading firms in the security industry.
Responsibilities for Accounting Manager
- Oversee and manage the general accounting functions, including, but not limited to: accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, collections, payroll and taxes.
- Help with quarterly and year-end financial audit activities and the annual corporate financial controls audit
- Assess current practices and procedures, and make recommendations for improvements.
- Prepare, review, and analyze financial statements to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Perform ad hoc analysis and projects as requested.
- Monitor revues and expenses, coordinating the collection and consolidation of financial data.
- Ensures compliance with local, state and federal government requirements.
- Supervise and/or manage general ledger accounting functions.
- Handle company’s transactions debts and do cash flow forecasting.
- Develop staff by managing performance, setting goals, providing ongoing training, and maintaining strong employee relationships
- Work with external auditors to ensure correct and timely closing and reporting at year-end
- Manage 3-4 employees in the accounting department.
- Performs other related financial duties as business practices change.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 5+ years of progressive accounting experience with a portion of it being in a supervisory role
- Thorough knowledge of U.S. GAAP
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities across all level of an organization
- Strong leadership skills with a dedication to driving and achieving results
- Knowledge of employee relationship building and performance management techniques
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills. Experience with other financial systems.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong understanding of accounting, finance and management principals
- CPA Certification is ideal
- Familiarity with the accounting aspects of a large S-Corporation and it’s multiple business entities
Company Benefits and Compensation
- Generous Base $95,000 - $110,000+ depending on experience
- Anthem Blue Cross/Blue Shield Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 80 hours annually of paid vacation each year for the first four (4) years of employment + 1 floater holiday
- After ten (10) years: 120 hours, 3 weeks
- Anthem Blue Cross Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage (30 hours or more per week to be eligible by law)
- 401(K) plan that includes a Company match. (Please refer to enrollment packet)
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- 6 Days or 48 hours of sick time