The Accounts Receivable Clerk will assist in ensuring that the company receives payment for goods and services offered to clients.
- Prepares, posts, verifies, and records customer payments and transactions related to accounts receivable.
- Creates invoices according to company practices; submits invoices to customers.
- Maintains and updates customer files, including name or address changes, mergers, or mailing attentions.
- Drafts correspondence for standard past-due accounts and collections, identifies delinquent accounts by reviewing files, and contacts delinquent accountholders to request payment.
- Creates reports regarding the current status of customer accounts as requested.
- Researches customer discrepancies and past-due amounts with the assistance of the Collections Manager and other staff.
- Collaborates with the Collections Manager to reconcile accounts receivable on a periodic (at least bimonthly) basis.
- Assists in generating monthly billing statements based on the general ledger.
- Assists Accounting Manager in reconciling revenue accounts each month.
- Copies, files, and retrieves materials for accounts receivable as needed.
- Relays changes of information to appropriate employees.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software as well as other accounting software programs.
- Ability to operate related office equipment, such as computers, 10-key calculator, and copier.
- Ability to work independently and in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to anticipate work needs and interact professionally with customers.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred.
- At least two years of related experience required.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Anthem Blue Cross/Blue Shield Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Generous Pay $21 - $28 per hour depending on experience
- 80 hours annually of paid vacation each year for the first four (4) years of employment + 1 floater holiday
- After ten (10) years: 120 hours, 3 weeks
- Anthem Blue Cross Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage (30 hours or more per week to be eligible by law)
- 401(K) plan that includes a Company match. (Please refer to enrollment packet)
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- 6 Days or 48 hours of sick time